1 x Clearblue Digital Ovulation 10 Test Pack
Clearblue Digital Ovulation 10 Test Pack
Easiest to read – no lines to interpret, with its digital display.Over 99% accurate.
Clearblue is the most effective ovulation test on the market, with results in just 3 minutes.
- 10 Tests – 1 – 2 months cycle
For more information on Clearblue click here.
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests
- Easiest to read – no lines to interpret, with its digital display the Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test is the easiest ovulation test to read
- Over 99% accurate – Proven in extensive laboratory tests
- Most effective – Clearblue is the most effective ovulation kit brand because with 7 Test Sticks, more women detect their LH surge than with any 5 test kit
- Fast – results in just 3 minutes
A pregnancy begins with conception. A child is conceived when the male sperm successfully fertilises the female egg. Successful fertilisation is most likely during a 24-hour period following the L.H. surge. Since this window is only open once a month and for a short period of time, being able to predict the L.H surge is very helpful when trying to become pregnant. Clearblue is the brand leader in the UK so you can buy with confidence.
Understanding your cycle
In order to identify your most fertile time with an ovulation test, first you need to understand something about your own body and your menstrual cycle. Ovulation generally occurs 12 to 16 days before the next period starts and your 2 most fertile days are the day of the LH surge and the day after. Around this time is when you should be testing. There is no need to test every day of your cycle.
Before you can be sure when to start testing, you need to work out your usual cycle length.
- Count the day your period starts as Day 1 (this means the first day of full menstrual flow)
- Continue counting. The last day of your cycle is the day before your next period starts. The number of days is your cycle length.
The length of the cycle can vary from one woman to another; and can vary from cycle to cycle in the same woman. Most women have a cycle that lasts between 23 and 35 days.
When can I do the Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test?
When you start testing depends on your usual cycle length. Below is a simple chart that will tell you when in your cycle you should start testing.
It is important that you haven’t urinated for at least 4 hours before doing the test, because this ensures that the hormone level in your urine is concentrated enough for the test to detect. You can test at any time of the day, but it should be at the same time each day.
How does the Test work?
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test helps women to pinpoint the most fertile days in their cycle by identifying a sudden surge in Luteinising Hormone (LH) in the body with a simple urine test. LH is the hormone that triggers the release of an egg from your ovary. This release – ovulation – usually occurs approximately 24 to 36 hours after the LH surge.
Ovulation generally occurs 12 to 16 days before the start of the next period. However, cycle lengths vary from one woman to another and the day of ovulation varies between cycles for many women.
Used each day on the days around the time in your cycle when the LH surge is expected, Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test identifies the best 2 days when you are most likely to conceive. The result is shown on a digital display: a ‘blank circle’ is a ‘No LH Surge’ result; a ‘smiley face’ indicates that the LH surge has been detected.
How can ovulation tests maximise your chances of getting pregnant?
The time when a woman is most fertile is on the day the LH surge is detected and the day after. A woman is most likely to get pregnant if she and her partner make love on these days. Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests detect this LH surge, and therefore maximise her chances of conceiving.
How do I do the test?
Please note these are abbreviated instructions. Always read the in-pack leaflet before carrying out a test.
Used each day on the days around the time in your cycle when the LH surge is expected, Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test identifies the best 2 days when making love is most likely to result in conception.
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test is very easy to use.
- Remove a Test Stick from its foil wrapper.
- Before applying urine to the Test Stick it must be inserted into the Test Holder.
- Remove the cap and then insert the Test Stick into the Test Holder. The Test Stick and Test Holder are marked with pink arrows that must be aligned to ensure correct insertion. The Test Stick clicks into place when inserted and a ‘Test Ready’ symbol appears on the Test Holder display.
- When the ‘Test Ready’ symbol appears simply hold just the Absorbent Sampler in the urine stream for 5 to 7 seconds. Alternatively, collect a sample of urine in a clean dry container and immerse just the Absorbent Sampler in the collected specimen for 15 seconds.
- Replace the cap and then wipe off any excess urine.
- Keep the Absorbent Sampler pointing downwards or lay the Test flat.
- After 20 to 40 seconds, the ‘Test Ready’ symbol will flash to show that the Test is working.
Within 3 minutes, the Display will show your result. A ‘blank circle’ symbolises a ‘No LH Surge’ result or a ‘smiley face’ indicating that the LH surge has been detected. Therefore you should make love at anytime during the next 48 hours to maximise your chances of becoming pregnant.
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test is the most effective ovulation test in telling you your best 2 days to conceive naturally. More women obtain the same result as a laboratory professional when reading Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test than when reading other ovulation tests.
If the test result is a ‘blank circle’, indicating a ‘No LH Surge’ result, test again tomorrow at the same time using a new Test Stick.
A ‘smiley face’, showing that the Test has detected the LH surge, means there is no need to test again this cycle. Making love any time in the next 48 hours will maximise your chances of becoming pregnant.
How accurate are Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests?
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests have been shown in extensive laboratory trials to be over 99% accurate in detecting the LH surge before ovulation.
What happens if after using the tests provided I have still not detected my L.H. surge?
Most women with regular cycles will detect their L.H. Surge in 5 days or under. However, if you have irregular cycles you may need to test for longer and may require additional ovulation tests to detect your L.H. Surge
I have recently come off the contraceptive pill. Will this affect my result?
As the pill disrupts your natural hormone balance it may take a few months for your periods to return to normal. You may want to wait until you have had 2 normal periods before starting to use this ovulation test. Please be aware that pregnancy and breast feeding could affect the results of this test.
Will alcohol or other common medications affect the results of this test?
No, but you should consult your doctor if you are taking any hormonal treatments.
Can I use the ovulation test for contraception?
I had a positive result for the L.H. surge and had sexual intercourse during this period but I have still not become pregnant.
There are many factors that can affect your fertility. It can take many healthy couples months to achieve pregnancy. You may need to use these tests for a few months before pregnancy occurs. If after 6 months of trying you have still not become pregnant, you should visit your doctor for advice.
For full instructions on how to use these tests click here.