Dengue is a flavivirus, transmitted by Aedesaegypti and Aedesalbopictus mosquitoes. It is widely distributed throughout the tropical and subtropical areas of the world, and causes up to 100 million infections annually. Classic Dengue infection is characterized by a sudden onset of fever, intense headache, myalgia, arthralgia and rash. NS1 is one of 7 Dengue Virus non-structural proteins which are thought to be involved in viral replication. NS1 exists as a monomer in its immature form but is rapidly processed in the endoplasmic reticulum to form a stable dimer. A small amount of NS1 remains associated with intracellular organelles where it is thought to be involved in viral replication. The rest of NS1 is found either associated with the plasma membrane or secreted as a soluble hexadimer. NS1 is essential for viral viability but its precise biological function is unknown. Antibodies raised in response to NS1 in viral infection can cross react with cell surface antigens on epithelial cells and platelets and this has been implicated in the development of Dengue Hemorrhagic fever.
The Dengue NS1 Rapid Test Cassette (Whole Blood/Serum/Plasma) is a rapid test that utilizes a combination of Dengue antibodies coated coloured particles for the detection of Dengue NS1 antigen in human whole blood, serum, or plasma.
Features and Benefits
- Tests for the viral infection Dengue, which is spread by mosquitoes
- Symptoms can include, high temperature, a severe headache, pain behind the eyes, muscle and joint pain, being or feeling sick, a widespread rash, loss of appetite
- The symptoms normally pass in a week, however you may feel tired and unwell for several weeks after
What you will receive
You will receive everything you need to carry out ten tests.
- 10 x Test Device
- 10 x Sample Diluent (Buffer solution)
- 10 x Pipettes (inside the pouch)
- 10 x Capillary Tubes
- 10 x Alcohol Wipes
- 1 x Lancing Device
- 10 x Lancets
- 1 x Instructions For Use