Product Description / Technical Data
The TSH Rapid Test Cassette is a qualitative membrane based immunoassay for the detection of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) in whole blood, serum, or plasma. In this test procedure, anti-TSH antibody is immobilized in the test line region and coated particles respectively. After specimen is added to the specimen well of the device, it reacts with anti-TSH antibody coated particles in the test. This mixture migrates chromatographically along the length of the test and interacts with the immobilized anti-TSH antibody. Positive specimens react with the specific anti-TSH antibody coated particles to form a colored line at the test line region of the membrane. Absence of this colored line suggests a negative result. To serve as a procedural control, a colored line will always appear in the control line region, indicating that proper volume of specimen has been added and membrane wicking has occurred.
Features and Benefits
- Tests for Thyroid gland problems
- An underactive thyroid gland can lead to weight gain, tiredness, dry skin, constipation, feeling too cold or frequent menstrual periods
- An overactive thyroid can lead to weight loss, rapid heart rate, nervousness, diarrhoea, a feeling of being too hot, or irregular menstrual periods
What you will receive
You will receive everything you need to carry out five tests.
- 5 x Test Device
- 5 x Sample Diluent (Buffer solution)
- 5 x Pipettes (inside the pouch)
- 5 x Capillary Tubes
- 5 x Alcohol Wipes
- 1 x Lancing Device
- 5 x Lancets
- 1 x Instructions For Use