Infectious Mononucleosis (IM) is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus, which is a member of the herpesvirus family. Symptoms of IM are fever, sore throat and swollen lymph glands. In very rare cases, heart or central nervous system problems may occur. Diagnosis of IM is made based on the presence of heterophile antibodies. Infectious Mononucleosis heterophile antibodies belong to the IgM class. They are present in 80-90% of acute IM cases and can be detected in 60-70% of patients during the first week of clinical illness.
The MONO Rapid Test Cassette (Whole Blood/Serum/Plasma) is a simple test that utilizes an extract of bovine erythrocytes to qualitatively and selectively detect Infectious Mononucleosis heterophile antibodies in whole blood, serum or plasma in minutes.
Features and Benefits
- Tests for Mono (Mononucleosis) also known as the ‘kissing disease’, due to being spread through saliva
- Mono can leave you feeling tired and weak for weeks and months
- Usually caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Most often seen in teens and young adults.
What you will receive
You will receive everything you need to carry out ten tests.
- 20 x Test Device
- 20 x Sample Diluent (Buffer solution)
- 20 x Pipettes (inside the pouch)
- 20 x Capillary Tubes
- 20 x Alcohol Wipes
- 1 x Lancing Device
- 20 x Lancets
- 1 x Instructions For Use