1 x Drinking Water Test Strips, Hardness, Alkalinity, Chlorine, pH.
- Tests for Total Chlorine, pH, Free Chlorine, Alkalinity and Total Hardness
- Check the safeness of your drinking water
- Easy to read results in 30-60 seconds
- Simple to use dip tests
If you have lived in a variety of places, you know how different tap water quality can be. In some places it tastes clean and fresh while elsewhere it tastes rusty or heavy.
Although the Environmental Protection Agency sets standards for tap water (which it claims 90 percent of all local and municipal water systems meet) tap water testing may be in order if you have reason to believe your tap water is contaminated.
There are a number of symptoms that contaminated or otherwise low-quality tap water exhibits. This how-to will walk you through the steps of testing your water at home once you have determined that something is wrong with it.
Home water testing strips are designed to be very user-friendly and simple. These strips allow anyone to test the quality of their water for a variety of different things. Typically, the water test pads will change colour if something is present in the water. You should compare the strip to the colour chart that is included with the water testing strips to determine what the results are telling you.
This HEALTH MATE Water test strip contains everything you need to find out simply and accurately if your water contains unsafe or undesirable levels.
Drinking water which tests outside the desired values may be dangerous to your health.
The procedure must be followed exactly to achieve reliable results. Please refer to the label on the pouch before using the product and make it sure that the product is within the expiration date shown on the label.
1) Collect fresh water in a clean dry container.
2) Remove a strip out from the pouch.
3) Dip the test strip briefly (max. 1 second) into the water.
4) Lightly touch the edges of one side of the test strip on a clean absorbent paper to remove excess water.
5) Read the reacted reagent pad(s) carefully at 30~60seconds and match the results with the most identical colour to the colour chart included.
For full instructions on how to use these tests click here.