Paracetamol belongs to a group of medicines known as analgesics, or painkillers. As paracetamol is safe for most people to take due to side effects being very rare, it tends to be one of the first treatments offered to relieve mild to moderate pain and it is also used for lowering a raised temperature (fever), such as during a cold or after childhood immunisations.
It can also be used to treat many other conditions such as headaches, muscular aches, arthritis, backache and toothaches, rheumatics, sinus and migraines.
Maximum packs that can be purchased is 6 (or 96 tablets in all – whichever applies first). This is a recommendation by both the MHRA and the GPC to all pharmacies such as us. If you order more than this you will be refunded any amount above the listed selling price.
- This is a GSL medicine so can be purchased over the counter (OTC)
- This product is a generic medicine with the same active ingredient as Anadin, Hedex and Panadol 500mg Paracetamol tablets
- Maximum packs that can be purchased is 6 (or 96 tablets in all – whichever applies first). This is a recommendation by both the MHRA and the GPC to all pharmacies such as us.
- 500mg paracetamol tablets are for the relief of mild to moderate pain
- 500mg Paracetamol can also be used to relieve the symptoms of cold and flu and reduce a fever
- Suitable for adults and children aged 6 years and over
- Patient Information Leaflet
How To Use
Before you take this medicine
This medicine can be taken by adults and children aged 6 years and over. However, some
people should not take this medicine or should seek the advice of their pharmacist or doctor
first. Please view the section on Ingredients and Precautions.
Check the foil is not broken before use. If it is, do not take that tablet.
Adults and children of 12 years and over: one or two tablets up to four times a day, if you need to. Don’t take more than 8 tablets in any 24 hours.
Children of 6 to 11 years: half to one tablet up four times a day, if you need to. Don’t take more than 4 tablets in any 24 hours.
Don’t take more often than every 4 hours.
Swallow each tablet with water.
Do not give to children under 6 years, unless your doctor tells you to.
Paracetamol 500 mg, is the active ingredient. As well as the active ingredient, the tablets also contain pregelatinised maize starch, sodium metabisulphite (E223), magnesium stearate.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed here you can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at:
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this product.
If you need more advice consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.