Medicom Carmellose Eye Drops
Medicom Healthcare Carmellose product is a sterile, ophthalmic solution containing Carmellose Sodium 0.5% in a bottle of 10ml. Medicom Carmellose is preserved with stabilised Oxychloro Complex, a preservative in the bottle, which breaks down into natural tear components in the eye.
Carmellose is a lubricating eye drop intended for the relief of discomfort that arises from dry eye sensations. Medicom Carmellose provides soothing relief for sore eyes from grit, itchiness and other foreign body irritations.
When should it be used?
Dry eye sensation may also be produced by use of T.V.s and computer screens, infrequent blinking , certain medical treatments including refractive laser eye surgery, atmospheric pollution and drying atmosphere e.g. are conditioning, central heating, wind and sun.
This product is not normally intended for use for more than 30 days; if the symptoms persist consult your doctor.
How to use:
Before opening a new bottle please check that the safety ring on the cap of the bottle is unbroken.
- Wash and dry hands well before use.
- Rotate the cap anticlockwise to break the seal.
- Remove the cap.
- Tilt your head back and look up.
- Gently pull down the lower lid of the eye to form a small pocket between your eyelid and your eye.
- Hold the bottle between your thumb and middle finger of your other hand and with your index finger, apply moderate pressure to the base of the eye drop bottle to release one drop of Carmellose Sodium solution into the pocket.
- Blink you eye a few times.
- If you think that you have missed the eye, then insert another drop.
- Carefully wipe away any excess solution from around the eye lid with a tissue.
- Repeat the process for the other eye, if required.
- Replace the cap on the container, trying not to touch the applicator tip with anything including the eye or your fingers.
If you are unsure about how to use Medicom Carmellose Solution consult your doctor, pharmacist or optician.
Carmellose sodium (Carboxymethylcellulose) 0.5% w/v, Stabilised Oxychloro Complex 0.005%w/v (as preservative) and water for injection.
Precautions and warnings:
- Do not use if the container is damaged
- Do not use if you are sensitive or allergic to any of the components of the product
- Slight irritation of the eye, stinging and redness may occasionally occur during use. In most cases this disappears after a few minutes.
- After administration, in rare cases, a slight temporary blurring of vision may be observed due to the viscosity of the solution. It is therefore advisable to wait until your vision is clear before undertaking any activity that requires clear vision such as driving or using machinery.
- Do not use after the expiry date shown on the carton and container
- Do not touch the eye with the tip of the container
- Wait at least 30 minutes before instilling any other ophthalmic drug
- After first opening the bottle, use the product within 28 days
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
- Do not swallow
- Do not share the Medicom Carmellose with any other person.
- Do not store above 25 degrees Centigrade
- If symptoms persist then consult your doctor, pharmacist or optician.