Hormone-free method of contraception with no side effects
Persona Contraception Monitor is a natural method of contraception. It has no side effects, involves no drugs and is easy to use. It works by monitoring hormone changes in your urine to identify the days of your menstrual cycle when you are likely to become pregnant.
You will need 16 test sticks for the first cycle of use and 8 test sticks from your second cycle onwards.
When to test
- Test whenever you see the test day screen – this will always be within your chosen 6-hour window
- During your first cycle you will be asked to test on 16 days. You will be asked for the first test on day 6 and the rest of the tests on days 9 to 23.
- After your first cycle you will be asked to do a test on 8 days of each menstrual cycle. You will always be asked to do your first test on day 6. Your monitor will ask for the rest of the tests on any 7 days in a row. Test days may vary from cycle to cycle.
If you forget to check your Persona monitor during the testing window you may miss a test without realising it. The Persona monitor will make a decision using the available information, which may result in more red days for this and subsequent cycles.
How to test
- You must always use the first urine of the day
- When you are ready to test, remove a test stick from its foil wrapper and use it straight away.
- How to test- Put just the absorbent sampler pointing downwards into your urine stream for 3 seconds only. Or, you can collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container and put just the absorbent sampler into the urine, as shown, for 15 seconds only.
- Keeping the test stick pointing downwards, take the cap off the handle and place it over the absorbent sampler. Wipe any excess urine off the test stick.
- Insert the test stick- Insert the test stick, as shown, into the test stick slot straight away and place the monitor on a flat surface. Wait for 5 minutes. The screen will switch off after 1 minute, which is normal. The monitor will continue to analyse the test. The test light will flash during testing.
NEVER mix Persona test sticks from different batches one cycle.
Don’t forget that if you are based in the UK and have any queries or problems with any Persona product you can call their Careline on 0845 608 6081 (advisors are available 7am-3pm, Mon-Fri, excluding Bank Holidays. UK calls charged at local rate). If you are based overseas and have any queries or problems with any Persona product then please contact us.